Universidad de Puerto Rico en Bayamón
Computer Science Department
Institutional Educational Objectives
- a) Promote the development of effective thinking with emphasis on reflection, identification, categorization and solution of problems, and decision-making.
- b) Promote the manifestation of creativity in various aspects of learning.
- c) Promote the development of solidarity with democratic values.
- d) Promote the integration of knowledge through research.
- e) Promote appreciation and integration of ethical and aesthetic values.
- f) Promote the development of the ability to adapt to changes and accept them as new challenges.
- g) Ensure the development of a scientific culture that allows for the application of scientific thinking, the ability to make judgments and make responsible decisions on issues related to health, and the use and conservation of the environment.
- h) Ensure the development of diverse knowledge that allows for understanding their own culture and the interrelation between their own cultural environment and that of other civilizations around the world.
- i) Ensure the development and application of technological knowledge.
- j) Ensure the development of skills related to identification, management and effective use of information (information literacy).
- k) Ensure the development of effective communication skills.
- l) Ensure the development of basic mathematical operational skills.
- m) Promote the development of self-taught citizens.
Last update:March 11, 2021